Forms & Downloads
Transport Assistance Scheme
P&F Debutante Ball
Typing Tournament Online
please scroll down
End of Year Breakup &
Year 6 Big Day Out
Year 6 Farewell Mass 6pm
Prep Christmas Liturgy 9.15am
Atherton High School Year 7
St Stephen's College and Malanda High School Year 7 Transition Day
Mini Vinnies Christmas Appeal Fundraiser
Final Whole School Mass 9.30am
Uniforms on sale in the library
8.30am until 4pm
Book Drop Off and
Meet the Teachers
9am to 10am
Classes resume for Term 1 2020
Welcome to St Joseph's Parish School, Atherton
St Joseph’s Parish School, catering for boys and girls from Prep to Year 6, is an integral part of the Cairns Diocese and the Atherton Catholic Parish. Located approximately one hour’s drive from Cairns, Atherton sits within the heart of the naturally beautiful and agriculturally rich Atherton Tablelands. Despite its many changes over the years, St Joseph’s Parish School has remained committed to providing its students with a well-balanced and relevant education and curriculum.
This website is designed to provide a practical and informative view of our school but by no means replaces personal contact. Please browse at your leisure but also feel free to contact us at any time.
Please click here for a message from our Principal
Latest News & Events
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
Social and emotional well being have been a huge focus for us this year and we have implemented a number of new programs – Zones of Regulation, Positive Behaviour for Learning and lunch time clubs, to name a few. The P&F have again been supportive of Well Being Week through their continued support of the Wheel of Well Being project and organising the “Let’s Chalk” activity during the Prep Orientation session last week. The parents provided many inspirational messages for the students which they enjoyed reading during their breaks. Next year, we will continue to focus on student well being with the introduction of the UR Strong “Friendology” program across the school. Our school counsellor, Mrs Stafford, is excited about the opportunity to work with staff and parents to implement this program. Stay tuned for parent information sessions and regular updates next year..
END OF YEAR CELEBRATIONS / ACTIVITIES
- 27 November – Joey’s Christmas Concert @ Merrilands. See the flyer for details.
- 29 November – Year 6 “Big Day Out”
- 2 December – Year 6 Farewell Mass and Dinner
- 3 December – Atherton High School Year 7 Transition Day
- 4 December – St Stephen’s College and Malanda High School Year 7 Transition Day
- 5 December – Mini Vinnies Christmas Appeal Fundraiser. Children may wear free dress with a Christmas theme this day. There will be a cake stall and gold coin donation for free dress.
- 6 December – End of Year. Students are to wear their sports uniform, with the exception of Year 6 who have organised uniform requirements with Mrs MacCallum and Prep who may wear their special Christmas t-shirt.
The arrangements for the final day of school are as follows:
- 8:40am Activities and final clean up.
- 9:20am Farewell Mass
- 10:30am Morning Tea and tuckshop treats – icy pole, watermelon and cake
- 11:00am Emu Parade
- 11:15am Back to classes for final farewell
- 11:45am Final assembly on basketball court . Guard of Honour and ringing of the bell for Year 6 students
- 12:00pm Students are able to be collected by parents. They must be signed out on the class roll.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR JANUARY 2020
School commences on Tuesday 28 January. Prep will have a staggered start, with half the group commencing on Tuesday, half on Wednesday and the whole cohort will attend on Thursday. Prep parents will receive separate advice about their start day.
Following discussions with the P&F, we will be offering an opportunity in the week before school commences for parents to drop off their children’s books and briefly meet their teachers. This will occur on Thursday, 23 January, between 9am and 10am. The teachers are making themselves available during this time to meet and greet as they have other tasks to complete throughout the rest of the day.
Mrs Lee will be selling uniforms in the library on Wednesday, 22 January and Thursday, 23 January from 8:30am until 4:00pm.